Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Acer Aspire 5755G - 12 - Fixing ACPI for backlight

My Acer Aspire came with a buggy dsdt image which didn't allow me to change the backlight of my screen and minor other things.

Things which are still not working after my changes:

  • Multimedia keys are unhandled
  • Fan control

Things which are working:

  • Backlight
  • Battery Status
  • Switch off Screen
  • Switch off Wifi
  • Changing CPU Frequency with laptop mode tools and cpufreqd
  • Bumblebee
    • Turn on/off Nvidia on fly
    • Dualscreen mode

I'm still not really happy with the bugfixes and will do further updates to the dsdt file. But all I really need is working now.

I've added the dsdt files to my git: Zentoo

How to use the dsdt.hex:

Copy the hex file to /usr/src as dsdt.h: cp dsdt.hex /usr/src/dsdt.h

Include it into your Kernel: Power management and ACPI options ---> [*] ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) Support ---> (/usr/src/dsdt.h) Custom DSDT Table file to include

Add the following kernel parameter to your grub: linux (hd0,msdos5)/vmlinuz-3.3.2-pf rootfstype=btrfs root=/dev/sda7 ro rootflags=subvol=root quiet acpi_osi=Linux acpi_backlight=vendor

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for updating your dsdt file. I hope it will solve my problem.

    ReplyDelete